Monday, May 5, 2014

Unequally yoked

The Bible says... "do not be unequally yoked"...

This is not a "rule" to keep us from having fun... it is meant to make life better.  I was recently asked if I would ever consider marrying someone with beliefs that differ from mine.  This got me thinking...

I want to come along side and serve God with my husband.  That is difficult to do when there is not agreement in who you believe God is.

I want to lift up my husband and support him as he follows where the Lord is leading him.  It is difficult enough for me to trust that God is in control at times so if I knew we believed God to have different attributes, this would make marriage more difficult.

I want to be with my husband as a united front when raising our children.  This is also very difficult to do with two people who were raised very differently not to mention when the guidelines of raising children from two faiths differ.

The creator of the universe doesn't put rules or regulations on us to limit our fun but to protect and give us His best!  He is a good Father that wants what is best for his children.  He is also a gentleman that allows us to make our own choices and live with the consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment