Saturday, May 17, 2014

And the journey to the other side of the world begins...

After A LOT of emotions over the past 24 hours I am finally sitting in Entebbe waiting to board my flight to Dubai... the first of many stops as I head half way around the world taking the scenic route.

You know it is going to be an emotional exit when saying bye to Sheba (the cat) and Vernicius (our gardener) evoke tears.  I am almost thankful that my staff and the kiddos were not on campus because I am not sure I would have made it out of the village. 

As we were driving to town there was worship music playing... the car was running smoothly... and we actually made good time into the city.  My heart was finally able to calm down and relax as we ran errands and then headed to the airport.  Hannington and I were chatting at lunch about some ideas for the future as well as going through the last 9 months of me being in the village. 

Everything in me needs a respite from the spiritual battle that I have been going through over the past couple of weeks... I can honestly say I am physically, spiritually and emotionally tired.  I see clearer how Job felt after studying this a month or so ago and having gone through the recent trials.  Really praying that these flights are relaxing and that I get some physical rest. 

There is a saying in wrestling... leave it all on the mat.  In this case I can honestly say... I am leaving it all in the village.  There is nothing more I could have done in my 9 months here.  Everyone has their 'should have' thoughts but at this point I could not have done more.  I did exactly what my Father called me to do and I can't focus on anything outside of that.

So on that note... I am going to board my flight... 

No comments:

Post a Comment