Friday, May 9, 2014

All In!

"But you, O LORD, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." Psalm 86:15

It is early Friday morning here in the village... the last Friday in Uganda.  I woke up to the cat needing out and couldn't go back to sleep with everything running through my head and the rumbling of my tummy.  So I got up.... started breakfast...made a to do list for the day... cleaned up all the dishes from yesterday's cooking for the weekend marathon... and sat down to check messages while I ate breakfast

Had a lengthy email from a precious friend sharing recent messages at her church entitled "all in"... one of the examples was a man sailing to a new land and burning the boat when he reached land so that he couldn't turn back.  There have been moments this week that I have wavered on being "all in"... but after surrendering everything to God and then this reminder... I am ALL IN!

After breakfast, it started raining so I settled into the living room with my Bible, journal, and worship music and I have to say... it is exactly what I needed to be reminded of who God is in my life and why I should be "all in"!

My walk with the Savior is not about a bunch of rules and regulations that make up a religion but all about a relationship with the King of kings.  He is merciful and gracious... slow to anger... abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness... He is GOD! And I am ALL IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment