Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Going off-roading!

Part of complete surrender is letting everything go... I thought when I blogged about ultimate surrender a day or two ago that I had surrendered....then I had a wake up call!

The past couple of days have been a struggle to say the least.  If I had truly surrendered would it still be such an issue?  I think I had given God my head... my thoughts but not my heart and definitely not everything that was within.

As I was talking with a dear friend, I commented that I just wanted what was normal and easy.  She stated... 'you were not meant to take the easy road'... to which I responded 'off roading is a lot more fun'!

So with all that said... I am going off-roading into the next chapter of my life with the Lord as my driver.

I am leaving my dreams in the dust behind us and giving up my right to having any control while off roading. (God is NOT my co-pilot... and he does not need me to be a back seat driver!)

I am giving up my pride and what direction I think is best. When God opens a path I will ride down it and when one closes... I will do an about face and go off in a other direction.

I have made my list of everything that I have been holding near and dear and I am surrendering them to the foot of the cross.  (I guess the alternative would be to have them snatched out of your hand much like Job did.]

Anybody up for joining me on this off roading adventure into the great unknown?  I have the best, most talented driver that anyone could ask for!

(Song referenced is Lincoln Brewster's "Surrender")

No comments:

Post a Comment