Monday, May 5, 2014

Ultimate surrender

When I see the beauty of a sunset's glory.
Amazing artistry across the evening sky
When I feel the mystery of a distant galaxy
It awes and humbles me to be loved
By a God so high
What can I do but thank you
What can I do but give my life to You
Hallelujah,  hallelujah
What can I do but praise You,
Everyday make everything I do a hallelujah
A hallelujah, hallelujah
When I hear the story of a God of mercy
who shared humanity and suffered by our side
Of the cross they nailed You to, that could not hold you
You're making all things new
By the power of your risen
Yesterday afternoon I had a young lady come by the house asking for some beads... she missed the lesson and activity from children's church because she had to do chores and wasn't allowed to come to church.  We sat outside and talked about the lesson from the day... about school... about her... and whatever else came up. 
After she left I sat out  watching her walk home and watching the sunset fade across the evening sky.  Watching the crescent moon rise above the horizon... and listen to the birds as they headed back to their nests to settle in for the evening. My heart so filled with emotion... of God's greatness of why he chooses to use me... of what I am going to miss about this place as I head back stateside for the next couple of months... for the great love I have in the God of the universe as well as dear friends all over the world who love me!
What can I do but thank you ... for every good and perfect gift comes from God!
He has given me so much but yet I am humbled by the fact that I am still holding onto things that I refuse to surrender.  What does ultimate surrender look like?  Laying it all at the foot of the cross trusting that He is powerful enough to take care of each situation.
I am convicted by all the things I have yet to fully surrender.  So much of what I hold on to just brings stress and worry.  What would happen if I truly surrendered every thing to God?  May the cry of my heart be...all to Jesus I surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment