Saturday, March 1, 2014

It is HOT!

While many of you are sitting under piles of snow...I am here sweating profusely!  The past couple of days have been sweltering... even the Ugandans are saying it is hot.  Spent the morning sitting in traffic with no air con then walking around African village with David... currently sitting in Entebbe airport just dripping... every once in a while I feel a bit of cool air and it is definitely cooler than the checkin counter... but still very warm.

Comical moments getting into the airport... after walking up the hill pulling luggage in to the airport I look up to see that I have just photo bombed a muindies picture.  I said excuse me and started walking off when he says wait... just one more picutre.  I am thinking he may have been taking my picute in the first place.  Hmmmm!

Once I get checked in I am standing in front of the immigration lady getting my papers checked and I make the comment ... the fan feels good... (she had a circular fan behind her going full blast)....she looks at me with a straight face and says... I can detain you so that you can cool off.  Just let me know when you are cool!  LOL!

Well I think I have cooled down enough to wander around.  Was here 2.5 hours before departure and it only took me 15 minutes to check in and clear immigration.  Have to go through security before boarding the plane!

Really not looking forward to long sleeves for the next two weeks in the heat of Egypt!  Praying for an AC that works well!

Next stop...Addis Ababa, Ethiopia!

No comments:

Post a Comment