Saturday, March 22, 2014

The case of the missing keys

Friday afternoon as I was walking around the school as the kiddos were cleaning up... I noticed that the nursery block  of classrooms were not locked up.  It has been stated numerous times that when the teacher leaves for the day the classroom needs to be tidy and  locked up... meaning doors and windows. 

After asking the head teacher for the keys to lock up every thing... I find out the keys are missing and have been since Monday.  I ask why I was not told about this sooner and the othwr teachers kept saying we will find them.  None of the nursery teachers are taking responsibility of the missing keys and are playing the blame game...  which bothers me more than the missing keys. 

So I went up to teacher housing before Bible study and made it clear that if the keys were not in my hand by sundown there would be a consequence... I don't care  whose fault it may be but the classrooms needed to be locked.  I explained that you wouldn't leave for a long period of time and leave your house unlocked so why do it to your classroom.  It is only asking for trouble. 

Well after bible study was over I walked to my apartment and John and I went in search of the extra sets of keys.  Once found... we made sure all the doors and windows of all 5 classrooms were locked.  By this point the sun had gone down and no keys were in my possession.

Monday morning the teachers in the nursery block will be locked out of their classrooms unless someone finds the keys and admits the issue.  The Primary teachers have the keys to their classroom so that is not an issue.  I am interested to see how this plays out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment