Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Traveling companions

Ok... if you have been with me on this journey for any length of time... you know that normally I have no issue traveling by myself. 

However the past couple of days, I have seen the benefit of traveling with an 'alpha male'.  Especially one that speaks the local language and is out to protect!

Maybe it is part of how I was created but I really enjoy the comfort of feeling safe and protected.  It has been nice to have someone take me by the hand as we are hurrying through a busy train station or as we cross a busy street when the traffic doesn't slow down... or to have someone say back off to an unknown male encroaching on my space... or to have someone stand up for me and thinking I am beautiful.  I also enjoy having someone in my life that is willing to help shoulder the burden when the physical load gets to much to bear.  It is a blessing to desire to do something and have someone else say I will take care of making it happenno matter how silly it sounds or how much they don't like the activity.

Not sure what my heart is being prepared for... maybe a 'forever' tangible travel companion... but at the moment it has truly been  a blessing.

So at the moment as I sit on the 2 and a half hour train ride to Alexandria... I feel very safe and protected and know that the details of the day are unknown but taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment