Saturday, March 22, 2014

Vague not vogue

It is that point in the evening when I am trying to settle down to sleep and my brain is going a million miles an hour...  I am laying in my mosquito net with the fan going as it is rather balmy and I am pondering doors and believers giving advice that goes against God's word.

I am going to be vague in my ponderings as dirty laundry doesn't need to be aired in public...

If you have followed this blog for any length of time... you know my obsession with doors and how many times I have struggled with God on closed doors.  Doors that he has closed and locked for my protection.  Well now there is a door in my life that I keep praying will close so I can move on but the almighty foot is blocking it open.  No matter how much I beg, plead, and push... the door is getting no where close to being shut and it is frustrating because I don't see the purpose of it staying open... it just isn't making logical sense at the moment as I can't walk through the open door right now.

The other issue that I have struggled with is people in my life giving me advice of things I should (or shouldn't) be doing that don't line up with God's word.  As I have been telling my girls out here... the Bible is basic instructions before leaving earth... it is designed to be our road map in this life and I am not going to do anything intentionally to go against it.  That includes following the ways of God over the ways of man.  It has never been my intention to look or be normal... that is just not the way I roll.  We are called to edify and encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ to do what is good.  What kind of friend would I be that purposefully led a sister into sin that could cause a lot of pain, suffering, and possible death...really?

Please know that if you offer advice and I don't follow it... it is not because I don't love you... it s
Is because I love God more and I am following what He says above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment