Monday, March 10, 2014

Things taken for granted

After living in the village for the past 6 months, I am realizing that there are a lot of things I have taken for granted over the years that I am being reintroduced to and seeing in a new light while I am visiting American friends.

For example... getting out of a steaming hot shower with good water pressure makes me want to sing Heavenly Sunlight!

Being able to have internet that downloads a you tube video in minutes instead of hours...
A grocery store where you can buy chocolate chips...
Electricity that only goes off for only an hour each day and doesn't require a generator...
Doing laundry at night no matter the weather...
Being able to order fast food that comes in less than 2 hours...
Getting to shop in an actual store that has air conditioning and not mobs of people...
Trying new recipes because I can find the recipe and all the ingredients...

These things may seem insignificant... but after living without these things it is a breath of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment