Thursday, March 27, 2014

The case of the missing keys... part 2

To recap part one... the nursery keys were never found even after offering a reward.  So Monday morning rolls around and the Baby, Middle and Top class teachers were locked out of their classrooms.  There was a lot of the blame game going around  and no one would look at me or each other in the eye...they rezlly don't like conflict intheis culture!   Basically told them that I don't care who did what... we just need to solve the issue.  The doors will remain locked until I get the keys or a solution has been come up with and I walked away to attend to the children.  I took them to Allen's classroom and settled them in with colorbooks and crayons.

Eventually a solution was come up with that new locks would be bought and taken out of their pay.  They wanted to not be sent home as it effects a day of learning for the children.  So I used my master set of keys and unlocked the doors but now I am the one responsible for unlocking the doors in the morning and locking up in the evening...my keyring continues to grow...and unfortunately the responsibility that I have tried to hand off to the teachers has come back to me.

Well today I walk up to school at a bit before 7am to unlockthe nursery classrooms to find my primary teachers not wanting to speak with me and they were speaking fast Luganda to one another.  I eventually figured out that the P2 teacher gave one of the students her keys to run back and get something after school yesterday and the keys never came back.  Ultimately not the students fault but hers for not getting the keys back immediately!  So I have told the kiddos... that the fkrst child to find the keys and bring them to me gets a reward ... otherwise a new lock will be purchased and taken from her salary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment