Saturday, March 29, 2014

Case of the missing keys...solved!

After a week of keys going missing... John and Hannington finally picked up new locks on Wednesday when we went to town so that the school buildings would be secure.  Thursday morning I go to unlock the classrooms and find that Primary 2 is unlocked so I ask Stella where her keys were found.... she looked down for a moment and then said  in a quiet, embarrassed voice ... that she found them in her pocket.

Later in the morning after I had made tasseled key chains on the new keys for the nursery classes... Teacher Irene (our top class teacher) walks in and without saying a word drops the entire ring of keys for the nursery block on my desk.  I look at her and ask where she found them and she said they were with the toilet paper in the cupboard.  My guess is that someone went to get a roll of toilet paper out of the cupboard ... set the keys down... and forgot about them.

Case closed.... and I am kind of glad the keys were found because the new locks that were bought are too big for the latches so they don't work anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment