Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Updated "NEEDS" list

Now that I have been in Uganda for 3 full weeks... I am having a better idea of things that are needed as well as things that cannot be found here...

NEEDS:
- children's books... the research project has been a huge success but the dozen books I brought with me just isn't enough for three classrooms... so the children and teachers would like some age appropriate books.(see more at ugandastorytelling.blogspot.com)
- with starting brushing teeth with the entire school (60 children) on a daily basis... my supply of toothbrushes has been depleted and the supply of toothpaste I have on hand won't last very long.  I have been told I can get both in country for relatively cheap (will check next time I go to Kampala) but if some one wants to sponsor this program to buy toothbrushes and supplies let me know and we will work out the details!
- other muzungus to come and visit... if you or your church would like to bring a short term mission team to assist in the ministry here... your hands and hearts would be greatly appreciated.  Please contact me for more information regarding visiting Uganda!

WANTS:
- notes, cards, and letters via snailmail... I know this is old school but I still really like to receive old fashioned mail and was disappointed to find an empty mail box when we went to check last week when we were in Kampala.  The mailing address is

ITFM
c/o Angela Calhoun
PO Box 71748
Kampala, Uganda, AFRICA

INDULGENCES:  (however these would have to be hand delivered!! ;)
pretzel m &m's
dark chocolate peanut butter cups (or dark chocolate anything for that matter!)
sour patch kids
pumpkin anything!! :) and a bit of FALL!

Because several have asked I am reposting this information...

How do I send support???  You can send an online donation via http://inthefieldministries.org/angela/angela.htm or a check to In The Field Ministries PO Box 276, Cle Elum, WA 98922 and put my name in the memo line. 

*** PLEASE do not send checks to the Uganda address... not safe for you and I can't do anything with it here!

How can I sponsor one of the children at Integrity Primary School???  Go through icnchildren.net and search for Uganda then you can pick a child.  They only list 10 at a time so if you want a specific child or want me to pick one for you.. let me know.  We have some new children that just started as well.

Well for now I must sign off.  Please know that you are a blessing to me!  I appreciate your thoughts, prayers, words of encouragement, and support.  Should you have any questions feel free to email me at angela.calhoun@inthefieldministries.org.



No comments:

Post a Comment