Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Things that make you smile (and go hmmm???)


(Written in my journal last Friday)... Tonight after a fun evening watching the guys play soccer and drawing chalk with some of the girls, I was sitting in my apartment when a knock came at the door. I open it and who should I find but Jordan. Jordan had brought his mom and two younger siblings to meet me. The mom found it hard to believe that there truly was a “muzungu” that her son keeps talking about. Jordan had a huge grin on his face! The two younger siblings were scared of me.

Sunday at church, Jordan's mom and 3 month old baby show up at church.... this is not one of the 2 younger siblings that she had with her when she came to visit. So I inquired about this to Allen later that evening. After discussing the above situation with Allen she informed me that Jordan's mom has four children … Jordan being the oldest at almost 5 years of age. She then mention that there were 5 children in that family so I thought I missed something in translation. Allen then explains... Jordan's dad has two wives... Jordan's mom and her sister (who has an 8 month old child). Both wives came to church on Sunday very nicely dressed and hair plaited as is with the local style. TIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment