Sunday, October 27, 2013

Down for the count

Well at the moment... I am laying in my mosquito net with a purring kitten taking up more that half of my pillow.  Thought I would go to sleep but after two cups of chai tonight and sleeping most of yesterday... I am very much awake.
The past few days have been filled with missed fun and commanded rest.  Woke up Thursday to a bit of a sore throat and by the time John and Kimberly came in that evening it was a full blown head cold.  Had no other choice but to keep on going until I got back to Nabisooto on Friday afternoon... had to make introductions and lead Bible study... then I was down for the count.  Friday night included two rounds of nyquil and Saturday spent most of the day commanded by my aunt to rest.  We as women have a hard time staying down to rest especially when there are boxes to unpack... meals to cook... dishes to clean... and children to play with.  I do have to say it was nice to have my aunt here telling me I must rest for a few days and get better... which meant rest quietly in bed or on the couch.  Thankfully by Sunday morning my fever broke and I was feeling more alive.  Blessed that John and Kimberly were here to take care of me... blessed that this is the first sickness I have had since moving and that it only lasted 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment