Thursday, October 24, 2013

Things worth waiting for...

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago about starting a bible study with the women here on patience and the warning label that it came with.  Well Thursday was one of those days that really tried my patience...  I guess I really needed some tangible examples for Friday's meeting. 
Thursday my aunt and uncle were flying in in the evening but Hannington needed to run some errands and get the AC fixed in the car so he told me to be read by 8am.  I was up and ready to go by 8am and by the time we left it was a little after 9.  Drove to Kampala and added money for the internet... went to Oasis to check out prices for school supplies and pick up a few requested items for my aunt... and the I was to meet a friend for her birthday at Cafe Javas.  Due to security in town, we choose to meet outside of a mall area.  Hannington dropped me off about 12:15 and went to g et the car fixed....Sarah and I talked over lunch for 2 hours before she had to leave for a meeting and then I moved to a couch in the corner... ordered an iced coffee and read on my tablet until a little after 5 when my battery died... paid my tab and decided to go for a walk in the beautiful park behind Javas since the car was still not ready... after a nice walk and the sun went down... I messaged Hannington to see how much longer... was given the recommendation to get supper because they weren't finished yet... so went back to javas and ordered a salad...while I was waiting met two medical students from Minnisota doing research at Mulago Hospital on fungal meningitis and we sat and talked for an hour or so... by this point the sore throat I woke up with had progressed to a constant runny nose ... and I was really tired from not sleeping well the night before so I messaged Hannington again to find out he was stuck in traffic.  At 7:30 I finally got a text that he was almost there.  Needless to say this was a great trial of waiting that I had to persevere through.  I really tried to count my blessing but there were moments that it was a stretch. 
After Hannington picked me up...it took a little more than 2 hours due to traffic to get to the airport where we arrived as they were getting off the plane and getting their luggage.  Finally got to the hotel at 12:30 so that we could rest before heading back to Nabisooto on Friday! 
This is Africa when it takes 7 hours  to service the AC in the car.  This is the place that God is choosing to use to refine my patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment