Friday, October 11, 2013

Patience

The other night Allen and I were talking and I inquired about starting a women's bible study.  As we talked I asked questions about what time and when would be best.  Then I asked should we do a topical study or a book of the Bible ... topical was decided on and then I asked what topic she thought we should start with and the answer caught me off guard. 

She said patience. 

Unlike the other fruit of the spirit.... patience is born out of perseverance through trials.  Which means that anyone who attends this study including the teacher is going to be grown in patience.  I am pretty sure if the topic had been my choice I would have looked at love or grace or trust... but I am humbled (and kind of concerned) of where this study may take us. Trusting that the Lord will lead, guide, and direct this study.  I know I have a long way to go in learning patience so this might just be the kick in the right direction that I needed.

So we are meeting in a little over an hour... Friday afternoons at 4pm.  Be praying that we all learn the leasons we are meant to learn the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment