Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Curve ball

There are days that everything goes according to plan and then there are days like today when life throws you an unexpected curve ball.  The day started when the small furball wanted to play at 6am and I was not ready to get up due to not going to bed til really late.  I was try to download my research presentation to my blog which wasn't working so then had to download it to youtube which took almost an hour for a 3 minute video.

Finally got up and rolling with the agenda of washing clothes and getting the information together for the requested staff development topics for the teachers. (Had a staff meeting yesterday where they wrote down all the areas that they needed help or more knowledge... things like...lesson planning, organization, hands on ideas, etc.)  Made breakfast and was checking my email and fb messages when all of the sudden a screen comes up saying that the hard drive needs to be replaced... back up all my data and call the manufacturer.   My computer had been having some starting issues lately and Uncle John has reiterated  make sure to back up everything... so thankfully most stuff was backed up but I have done a lot of work in the last 2 weeks for IPS and grad school research that was not backed up.  I couldn't risk losing this so I set everything else aside and started backing everything up... pictures, music, documents...  everything I could fit on the memory sticks that I brought with me.

Did take breaks to assist with toothbrushing and to help the children work on their book but otherwise I was glued to my computer trying to save what I could.  Messaged my Uncle John and currently the computer is scanning the entire hard drive for issues.  I guess worst case scenario... Uncle John has to bring me a new hard drive when they come out in a few weeks. 

Yes it has taken most of my day but at least I got a warning unlike the last time the hard drive died taking the info with it... however that time it was my fault as I pulled my computer in the floor.  I am thankful I got my video presentation uploaded last night and all of my reasearch has been backed up.  So nothing too major... no overreaction... just a curve ball headed my way today!

No comments:

Post a Comment