Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On the way to Nabisooto


Got up at 7:30am and had Ugandan pancakes- more egg than bread batter for breakfast.  Checked out of the hotel and headed to run errands.  Needed to get time for internet, go grocery shopping, get a printer cartridge and then head out of town to get produce and diesel before heading to Nabisooto.  Drove the hour and a half to Nabisooto where we met the staff and started making ourselves at home.  From all the traveling and being on my feet, my ankles are super swollen so as I write my feet are propped up trying to get the swelling to go down.

It is 7:30pm and I am hitting a wall.  Tiredness has set in and my system is so off that it is difficult to think straight.   Got the mosquito net hung above my bed and got some of the things unpacked from my bag.  Realized that a couple of my picture frames got busted in transit and a couple of bottles leaked but otherwise most stuff arrived unscathed.  Spent some time out walking around looking at the facility, talking with some of the children.  They don’t really know what to think of the “muzungus”!!

No comments:

Post a Comment