Friday, March 29, 2013

Good byes :(

After not going to bed until around 5am this morning due to overdoing it on the caffine, my head is a little foggy when I got up at 8am.  Had devotions with Stella (my roommate and the MCO of the clinic) that led into a great discussion on putting Christ first and not letting things pull you away (Matthew 18).  We also had a sweet time of prayer before breakfast.  Had to hand wash some clothes and pack everything that I am taking with me versus what I am leaving until September.  I figured out that I could get by on not checking any luggage back!  :)  Besides what I need for the next 4 days and souvenirs, everything else is left behind and locked up until I get back.  I said my goodbyes with some emotion from Stella and threats of kidnapping from her and Hannington.  Went and said bye to Mama Vencencia who was out planting onions and played a quick game of peek a boo with the neighbor's children.  Also got to see the cat!

As we were driving out we saw a squirrel and meerkats.  Kind of sad I didn't see other animals but I was told I would need to go to a game park where they are protected.  We got stopped for a routine police check right out of Busunju... they actually made us show our passports before we were allowed on.  When your not in a democratic society this is common practice.  TIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment