Thursday, March 14, 2013

"I've got no strings"

 

I will not be a puppet on a string held by a mere mortals hand.  Lately I have realized how in past relationships I allowed myself to be strung along with the hope of this being "the one".  I overlooked faults that any one without strings would have immediately called out because I was too attached.  I was willing to accept less than I desired because I didn't think I deserved any better. 

After doing some soul searching the Pinocchio song "I've got no strings" popped into my head (yes my brain thinks in lyrics)...

Pinocchio
I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me
 
Hi-ho the me-ri-o
That's the only way to go
I want the world to know
Nothing ever worries me

I've got no strings
So I have fun
I'm not tied up to anyone
They've got strings
But you can see
There are no strings on me

So I am done "hanging on by a thread".  I am a princess of the King of kings who wants the best for me.  I am not willing to settle on someone who is just using me when they have the time.  I love whole heartedly... I am kind... compassionate...honest... and ready for an adventure.  Strings put on by this world just hold me down and don't allow me to live the full, intentional life that God has put before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment