Friday, March 22, 2013

Critters, Equator, and FAST Food???


Last night before falling asleep a frog was chased into the bedroom totally by accident but it was never caught.  All throughout the night I dreamed of things like vipers and poisonous tree frogs coming out from under the bed.  Woke up this morning and made scrambled eggs, toast, and pineapple for breakfast.  Without refrigeration or an oven, I am learning how to cook just enough with whole foods.  I have to say this getting back to the basics is going to be a good thing.  Meals take longer but in the long run it is healthier.  Dinner tonight at the Sheron Hotel restaurant took an hour and a half to make… from the time we ordered till we got it we watched to entire Herbie movie.  Lunch today was an egg chapatti.  Enjoy watching things made from the plants around.  When I move out here I know I am going to have to plant some things to add to my table.

Two places at once

Uganda is right on the equator.  Today we drove to the exact spot where north meets south.  Took some tourist pictures and then watched as the man poured water in the north, south, and right on the equator… Cool science experiment.

After driving for a couple of hours and getting car sick, I decided to take a Dramamine.  I was fine until shortly after lunch when I couldn’t keep my eyes open.  Slept on and off back to Kampala and as soon as we got to the hotel I passed out until hunger pains took over.

Went down to the bar to take dinner… ordered chicken, mushroom, and onion pizza.  It took 90 minutes to receive the food.  Because it was less than two hours it is considered “fast food”.  This is Uganda!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment