Thursday, March 28, 2013

I can do this!

Just about the time that I am getting used to the baths in a plastic washtub with warm water from a tea kettle... squatty potties... very bumpy roads... and mosquitoes... it is time to head west.  This is bitter-sweet as I know I will be back in 5 months.  I also know I have things left undone in Hawaii.  There are still a lot of unknowns but God has proven that where He guides He will provide.  Hannington was joking (maybe???) that he was going to kidnap me and make me stay.

At dinner tonight as I made a tomato based speghetti sauce from scratch, I realized I can do this.  I may not have the commodities of America... but I can do this!  I have learned to make meals with local products... no refrigeration... no box meals... no oven needed.  I have learned how to survive with out becoming mosquito food and contracting malaria... yellow fever... or typhoid.  I have learned enough Lugandan words to get by (or at least be comical).  I have made friends with several Ugandans that will assist me in growing my own food, driving, and helping to run a school.

No comments:

Post a Comment