Sunday, March 24, 2013

Feelings... nothing more than feelings...


I have been on the verge of a major breakdown over the past couple of days.  Between the newness of everything… the anxiety of what I am leaving behind… and emotions of facing the unknown by myself, I feel like I am walking a fine line.  I am realizing the importance of having close girl friends that understand… up until today I have been with just the guys.  It was really a breath of fresh air to meet up with a friend of a friend (who is now a friend) for lunch.  Sarah has been serving here in Kampala for four years and was great wealth of knowledge of what to do and not do.  She will also be someone I can stay with when I do my supply runs in Kampala once a month or so.  God is already answering prayer of bringing people into my life.

After lunch we came back to the hotel where I have spent most of the afternoon by myself… reading, knitting, and listening to my audiobible.  I think this has brought up some “what if” feeling of once I am down here full time by myself.  These feelings have ultimately caused some anxiety which I know needs to be cast at Jesus’ feet.

Lord, I am trusting that you will take care of the details.  Where you guide you will provide!  Right now I not only need your provisions financially but also physically and emotionally!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment