Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Stand Amazed!

Anyone that has followed my blog for any length of time knows that I use music lyrics quite often that the Lord uses to speak to my heart.  After eleven plus hours of a non stop flight from JFK to HNL the song "I stand amazed" by GlassByrd started playing through my head phones.  I am pretty sure I have heart it many times before but for whatever reason the words hit a chord in my heart...

I bring you my heart, I bring you my praise, I bring my broken dreams lost along the way.  I lift up my voice.  I lift up my hands.  I lift up the moments of my life that I don't understand.  And I lay it at the cross where I'm surrounded by your grace and I marvel at the wonder of it all.  I stand amazed.  I stand in awe.  I stand forgiven in the midst of it all.  Before you I bow... before you I fall...

 So many times we as "Christians" think that God wants us perfect before we come to Him.  No matter how hard we try we will never meet up to God's perfection.  He desires our everything- wants and all.  Most Sundays we have no problems worshipping with hands lifted high but how many times are our hearts not truly in submision to HIS call.  So many times I have my own dreams and desires set in to stone before I consult with my maker.  Ultimately my dreams end up broken and desires crushed because things didn't work out the way I thought they should.  God reminds me to bring my brokenness to Him.  I am truly amazed that He chooses tto use me despite me.

Through the years, I have learned to trust Him despite my lack of understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment