Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas

After a week in New York participating in numerous winter events, we are headed back to Hawaii.  As I looked at my schedule, in a little over two weeks I will be headed this way again to start my official Christmas holiday.  Unfortunately my brain and body feel like it should already be Christmas.  With the snow, decorating the Christmas tree, seeing a Christmas performance, and eating many holiday treats the next two weeks are going to feel like forever.

Yesterday before we left for the city, it was snowing.  By the time we got there it was raining with sporadic snow showers throughout the day.  This morning I awoke to a snow plow and salt truck in the neighborhood.  All the way to JFK the sides of the interstate were covered with snow.  No matter how long that I have lived in Hawaii, I still think it should be cold for the holiday season.  New York has definitely made it feel like the Christmas season is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment