Friday, November 23, 2012

Deep thoughts from a dreary head

Surprise... Surprise... after going to bed at 6:45pm... it is now 12:20am and I am awake and hungry....  So I am sitting here reading... munching on goldfish and journaling.

I feel like I have been down for hours and just got up from a very restful nap.  Praying that I am going to be able to go back to sleep soon.

In my reading and in the spirit of Thanksgiving... I am reading the verses on being thankful...

Psalm 106 says... "Praise the LORD.  Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."  It goes on as a hearts cry of repentance from the Israelites.  In the midst of all that is going on in Israel at the moment this verse reminds me of two things... 1) to pray for the peace of Israel and 2) that God's sovereign hand has and is on His chosen people.  Verse 8 states- "Yet [ despite everything that they have done] he saved them for his names sake to make His mighty power known."

When I look at all the people groups who over time have been wiped out it astounds me that God's chosen people- the Jews- the nation of Israel is still around.  It makes me thankful that we serve a sovereign God that WILL have His plan done no matter what.  We can't "get in the way" or thwart the plans of God.  Very reassuring!  He protects despite our disobedience and stubborness. 

Oh Lord... thank you for your love, protection, and provision.  May I not grumble or run from your plan to seek my own.  Do not let me anger you and when I have please forgive me.  Do not let me rebel and when I have headed the wrong way... away from you... redirect my steps to fall in line with you.  Be my guide... the lover of my soul... my all in all.  As Psalm 106 ends, I pray.... "Save us, O LORD, our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise.  Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Let all the people say, "Amen".  Praise the LORD."

No comments:

Post a Comment