Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions


After months of tying to wait patiently and trusting God to work in great and mighty ways, I am tired of waiting. The silence is deafening and the anxiety is creeping back in. No one here seems to understand that I want God's ultimate will... I keep hearing “just choose one of the options and God will bless it.”
 
It scares me to think of all the unknowns and how I am going to do it all on my own. Part of me just wants my knight in shining armor to show up, sweep me off of my feet, and take care of all the details... wishful thinking! When I pray I have a hard time focusing on what God is desiring. The only thing I am hearing from God is that I am to write and submit my letter of resignation. This only adds to my frustration and worry as to what the future holds.
 
At this point is seems like Uganda is the door I am headed to... but what about insurance, funds/support, the house, the cats, the preschool, my parents concerns,... even as I write this my heart is beating profoundly and there is a lump in my throat. I know God is using this to stretch and grow me but what I really need at this point is someone to take my hand and lead me to the next stepping stone. This someone needs to be a shoulder to cry on as well as whispering encouraging words in my ear as we walk along together.

Lord, I know you want to be this in my life... allow my heart to let you. You are not a God of confusion and I need you to make sense out of this tangled mess that I am in. I lay my wishes and desires at your feet... I lay my expectations and intentions before you.... I plead that you will place within my heart a peace that passes all understanding. I have not because I ask not so I ask for your wisdom as to what to do in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment