Sunday, December 30, 2012

A crossroad for faith

If faith is truly built on stepping out on things unseen... what happens to our faith when we choose to obey God and disobey man even when the outcome is unseen and not popular?

Recently I was faced with the reality of where would I be if I had disobeyed God and chose to follow man.  My path would have taken a very drastic turn.  I was told that had I moved back when he was asking we would have gotten married.  I clearly remember the question and knowing God was calling me back to Molokai.  If I had stayed in NC, I would have gotten what I thought was my hearts desire and made several others happy... however I would have displeased a Holy God.  Could God have used this situation?  Yes!  Would it have been His best? No!

At the moment, I know obedience is so much more important and that God's calling is so much more important but it means sacrificing something that I have desired for so long.  Is that what it looks like to pick up my cross and follow Christ?  In order to pick up the cross, I have to lay down my hopes and desires trusting that His way is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment