Saturday, December 29, 2012

A walk down memory lane

It has been twelve years since I have lived under my parents roof (other than the occasional visit).  Slowly but surely I have gone through everything that was mine.  All but one box has either been gotten rid of or sent to Molokai. 

This morning I was going through the last box of momentos... most of which I want to keep but have no purpose for on Molokai.  In the box was a stack of cards from high school and college graduation.  As I was going through them my heart was overwhelmed by the nostalgia and encouraged by what others saw in me that I didn't see inside of my self at that point.  Many well wishers have passed away which reminds me to take each moment and make it count because we are not promised tomorrow.  The messages in the cards remind me of my calling and to put the Lord first in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment