Monday, December 31, 2012

So long 2012!

It is 2:30am on the last day of the year and I just can't sleep.  I guess this is how I would explain this year... lots of sleepless nights with God choosing to do open heart surgery.

When God is trying to change my stubborn heart to follow him... unfortunately it normally takes several sleepless nights of wrestling to get me to line up with His perfect will.  It is only appropriate to note that even though I am up my heart is at peace with the decisions He has put on it.  I can finally say that "It is well with my soul."  Twenty twelve will go down in the history books in 20+ hours as a year that I wrestled through.

Thankfully God ended victorious and for that I am blessed.  Twenty thirteen will enter with my heart headed in the right direction.  It may not be popular or what I particularly want at the moment but He sees the entire year in advance while I see only the day.  I will continue to live intentionally with no regrets following wherever He leads.  It is not my will but His!

"Those who hope in the LORD... will soar on wings like eagles." Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment