Sunday, December 22, 2013

The simple life

Well if I didn't already think I lived a pretty simple life this weekend reminds me of all the luxuries I normally still have and how simple life really can be.

Last night, the little bit of internet that was left was used up... which means someone has to make the trip to Kampala to buy more.  So no communicating to the outside world. 

This morning when I woke up the power was out.  Normally the solar panel with battery storage does a pretty good job of supplying things like lights and the ability to charge my phone, tablet, and computer.  Due to the rainy weather there hasn't been much sun. 

So this afternoon I went to the clinic to pull out the generator only to realize that the clinic staff nor I have the key to the room it is in.  The key is with Hannington in Kampala.... and he has been not feeling well so hasn't been able to come to the village since picking me up from the airport on Wednesday.  I did text him all of this but haven't heard back so I am unsure at this point if my messages are even going through.

Here I sit by the light of 15 battery operated christmas tree lights and a candle knitting...I also plan on reading and writing by headlamp.  Can't be on the computer or tablet because I have no way of charging them at this point.

Looks like it is going to be a pretty silent night!

No comments:

Post a Comment