Tuesday, December 31, 2013

As time goes by...

It is that time of the year when we reflect back on the previous 12 months and come up with great resolutions for the year ahead.  Fair warning... I don't set resolutions but I do set goals that I want to achieve.  However this is not a post about where I want to go in 2014... that list is already made and kept in my possession.   This is a post on the last year of my life...

I was pondering this while talking with a friend today...how this christmas was much more peaceful than last year at this time.  A year ago I was in NC for the holidays with my family and there were a lot decisions needing to be made.  I knew I was to turn in my letter of resignation but had not narrowed down where I was headed... it was a struggle with friends and family as with every option on the table ... no one was thrilled with the idea of me moving to the other side of the world whichever way the path led.  One "friend" even referred to this move as "we will get through this" ...like I had a terrible disease.  I was also reminded that if I had just been "normal" and moved back to the safety of the mainland US... that I could have been married and have children by this point.

Twelve months ago I would have never imagined sitting in the middle of a village in rural Uganda with my little Christmas tree, a white furball named Sheba, and His perfect peace that passes all understanding but I did know that where He guides, He provides.  Looking back I would have never guessed this transition to be this difficult and emotional but he carried me through and I am stronger because of it.  Living in Africa has taught me two things about myself... First...I am a lot stronger and capable than I ever believed myself to be and Second... I have never felt as weak or as helpless as I do here.  Thankfully it has taught me to rely on Him even more as I know I can't do this on my own.

So where will I be one year from now???  I really have no clue... I can map out my life until mid July but after that.... the possibilities are endless.  Ultimately I could say  I will do this or that but the creator's plan has yet to be revealed.  Numerous opportunities have come knocking but nothing is solidified at this point.  So the grand adventure continues with thoughts from a content heart.  Stay tuned to see what 2014 holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment