Thursday, December 12, 2013

Leaving Kenya

Only in Africa can you be driving down the road and pass a group of camels walking down the road.  Sights like this never get old. 

The driver that I had this morning to take me to the airport in Kenya knew someone working on the new bypass and with a bit of money we were able to travel the new road which was a significant short cut to the airport... freshly paved... and no other cars.  I think that this is the fastest I have been able to travel since being in Africa...normally with the condition of the roads and the number of crazy drivers you can't get anywhere fast.  Still hit traffic close to the airport but arrived within 45 minutes versus the hour and a half when I arrived into Nairobi.

Last night some coworkers of Stacey's from WNS had dinner with us at Dorman's... the local coffee shop.  It was excellent food and a fun time of fellowship.  Afterwards, thanks to a friend, I was able to go and get some treats at Nakumatt to bring back to Uganda with me.  Living overseas it is amazing how excited expats get when they find things like green enchilada sauce or poptarts in the grocery store.  There are a lot of things that can be found in Kenya that I can't find in Uganda so I picked up a few exciting items!

No comments:

Post a Comment