Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I'm leaving on a jetplane...

And I will be back to Uganda in 10 days!

Decided that since no one at immigration seems to know what to do about my VISA situation...I thought I would take matters into my own hands and leave the country to explore.  Praying that when I come back...they will give me 90 more days and another excuse to see East Africa.  Please be praying with me on this!

So I am off to Nairobi, Kenya for the next 10 days to explore and visit a friend  who is the adminstrator of West Nairobi School.  Looking forward to gleaning some knowledge!

Again I sit in the airport.... waiting...

Well, finally went by the post office this morning on the way to the airport.  Wow....there was quite a letter or maybe I should call it a book as it is 6 typed pages!.  I have sat here in Entebbe airport waiting area enjoy a snack and reading the letter.  Great way to wait!

Hannington came to pick me up at 7:30 this morning and it only took 3 hours to get to the airport from the village... with a stop by the post office.  So I was too early to check in and was told to go enjoy a cup of coffee and wait.  The joys of Africa!  Lots of waiting!  My flight is to leave at 2:50pm and I have been here since 10:45am... would rather be early that late.

Finally checked in and went through priority with my medallion status.  Oh the joys of flying a lot.  Met a nice lady at immigration who checked my passport and recommended going to Mombasa the next time I go to Kenya.  Just had lunch of a chicken meat pie and a sprite and some window shopping.  Things are so much more expensive in the airport than they are at African village... the only difference is there are no people trying to get you attention to buy their wares at the airport.  And everything here is priced in US dollars which makes it even more expensive.  I think I will choose to do my shopping at African Village.

Now time to play the waiting game until time to go through security and board the plane.  Because it is only a week trip... I checked one bag and am just carrying a purse... which makes me feel very light!  Most times going through airports I feel and look like a pack horse with a loaded backpack and "personal item" like a duffel bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment