Tuesday, December 31, 2013

By faith

I woke up this morning pondering the topic of faith.  On this eve of a brand new year... what do I, by faith, believe God is going to do? 

Faith... in its simplest definition is "beliving in what is not yet seen"...or as Pastor Jackson put it ...our sixth sense.  Hebrews  11 lists many heroes of  faith... who despite their circumstances believed God for His promises and God has used their lives to inspire many... including me.

This topic has come up a lot lately and then the kicker was this is what was preached on on Sunday. What am I believing God is going to do in 2014?  He has given numerous promises so I have the choice to believe Him for those promises or discard them because they do not make sense. 

Did Sarah really believe that she would be a mother at 90 years of age?  After laughing at the promise made to her... just a short time later held the precious baby in her arms!

Do we really believe that Jesus came as a baby in a manger to 30 plus years later die for us on the cross so that we ... the wretched sinners we are... could live for eternity with the God of the universe? 

So many times I fall into the category where I could be called "oh you of little faith"... I struggle with the age old question... did God really say?

At this point in my life there have been numerous unfulfilled promises... will 2014 be the year where I step out in faith and trust that God will follow through on His  promises?

No comments:

Post a Comment