Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Funny things

I have heard it said numerous times... clothes shrink when put in the dryer.  I have on occasion put jeans in the dryer to shrink so they will fit but it only works for a little while then they stretch out and are baggy.

Living in the village my clothes are having an issue... based on the theory above I am going to blame it on the clothes line... the clothes line is  making my clothes grow!! 

(Ok... I know this theory  falls apart fast when I haven't had a clothes dryer since I lived with my parents and have dryed everything on the clothesline in Hawaii!  And my clothes continued to fit!)

Which brings me to the problem at hand... I wash my clothes... I hang them out to dry... I go to put them on a day or too later and they are bigger than when I wore them the time before.  Most of what I brought in the line of clothes are skirts with elastic and sleep pants with drawstrings.  The drawstrings are getting their use and the elastic banded skirts are now sitting on my hips rather than my waist.

I know what you are thinking... stop blaming it on the clothes line and own up.  To that I respond... I have nothing to own up to... I am honestly not trying to lose weight...been in that battle for more years than I care to admit to and I decided a few years ago that if my body is healthy then I am happy.  And I am ... so I stopped worrying about the number on the scale and started eating and exercising to keep my body happy!  Still eating 3 meals a day and moving as much as I have been over the past couple of months.  I think this is the first time in my life that I am really not trying to lose weight but yet it is coming off.  I have nothing to compare it to except for clothes that are growing. 

I do find one major problem with my clothes growing... clothes are hard to come by here and I have 6 more months before I return to the states.  May have to start tying grass around my waist to hold up my skirts!  TIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment