Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Surreal

Well in just a couple of hours I will be landing in Entebbe to begin a 9 month journey as administrator of Integrity Primary School with In the field ministries.  All of this flying has given me ample time to think and ponder.  I would be lying if I didn't admit the spiritual battle that this journey has been or the fact that I have thought of running back to the island in the middle of the pacific ocean. 

However this got me thinking of the the attributes that God gifted me with so many years ago that at that point were looked down upon but how as I have gotten older I have realized that they are a true blessing.  These attributes are strong will and stubbornness.  If I didn't have these then I would lack perseverance and the strength to do what God called me to do despite what I feel or what others say.  These attributes are also what kept me out of a lot of trouble in my younger years.

Emotional is another negative description that has been said of me lately... this got me thinking... without the sensitive spirit and a big heart that God has given me would I be as attentive to His call?  Would I see the least of these with His heart to advocate for there needs? 

I guess I am bringing to light the fact that the enemy is alive and well and is out to steal, kill, and destroy.  He is out to wound early and often so that God's chosen live in shackles instead of the freedom that Christ provides.  What would happen if we encouraged our children in their God given gifts and talents instead of looking down on the attributes that the world says are negative?  Would we raise a generation that could defend their faith and stand on the principles of God's word?  Would this be the generation that would be raised strong enough in their faith to take up their cross and follow Him from a young age instead of being entangled In self doubt... loathing... pity...etc? 

Just a thought of what kind of legacy we want to leave for our little ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment