Monday, September 23, 2013

Nothing I desire compares with you

Is that true in my heart and life?  As we were singing this song at church on Sunday, I was convicted of the things that I desire more than Him.  I am a selfish creature and desire my way above His at times.  Knowing that He is a loving and just father, His way, purpose, and plan are always better than mine.  It boils down to me trusting in His way and timing.

Lord I lay down my selfish desires. Take away anything that is not of you.  Direct my eyes on the things of you.  Make the desires you have for me, my heart's desire.  Change my heart to desire you first and foremost

God desires my faithfulness to Him above all else.  Where He calls I will go despite my feeling.  He is faithful to get meto where He desires me to be.  That is a comforting thought.  I can not do anything to thwart His plan and desire for my life.

Our crowns will not be given based on the size of our chuch or the dollar amount raised for missions, but on the faithfulness of what God has called you to!

No comments:

Post a Comment