Thursday, September 12, 2013

Being domestic

After sleeping from 10:30 last night til about 5:30 this morning I decided it was time to get up and get going.  Typed up the blog I wrote last night, took a bath and washed my hair (a bit more time consuming when you don't have a bathroom much less a shower or tub) and then got up to make breakfast... scrambled eggs, toast, and bananas with coffee.  While I was sitting down to eat... John and Kimberly called to check in.  Updated facebook and returned a few emails. 

After cleaning up breakfast dishes in the midst of a thunderstorm... I started unpacking the moldy clothes that were left from March... hand washed those and hung them on the drying rack inside the apartment since it was pouring outside.  All the while I am in a hooded sweatshirt and long skirt... yes we are in rainy season and it does get chilly.  Once the laundry was hung, scrubbed the floors and cleaned the toilet room... finished unpacking and putting away all the supplies.

Looked at the clock and realized that it was not even 10am so I poured myself another cup of coffee and sat down with my Bible.  Thought it would be a good idea to read through the over the next 9 months and write down my thoughts on each chapter.  Should be a fun challenge.  Started to make lunch of boiled potatoes and onions while working on the computer setting up a format for Integrity's Policies and Procedures Manual.  Once that was taken care of and lunch was eaten, I set to work making my workspace clean and decorated... used string with some mini clothes pins given as a going away present to hang notes, cards, and pictures over my workspace.  Very happy with the outcome. 

Went on a walk around the property... with school out on break... there are very few people out and about. The one child that I saw was the same little guy that came to visit with Mama V yesterday.  At that point I asked for a high five and he started crying... today as I walked past... he again started fussing and hid.  I think I may be the first white person he has ever seen. 

Now by this point it is 1:30 and jet lag is setting in... so I laid down to rest for a while.  Got up and did some reading, mended a skirt, made dinner of left over potatoes and onions and added a package of salmon, and knitted on the throw that I have been working on.  I am understanding why people in the olden days went to bed when the sun went down after getting up at sunrise... it is a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment