Monday, September 9, 2013

Blessings abound

So many ideas for blog posts have been rolling around in my mind over the past couple of weeks... unfortunately they have come at times where I couldn't get to paper or my tablet... or I was purely too exhausted to sit and write.  At this moment I have almost 48 hours for my thoughts to catch up with the time being... yes you may have guessed... I am in transit to Uganda... so let's work backwards shall we...

The past two days have consisted of getting over the stomach flu as well as exhaustion from a week of long hours at Disney (more to come on that adventure).  To add to that trying to pack two 50 pound bags with ALL of the things I need for the next 9 months... can I add that it felt nearly impossible but I successfully boarded my flight with the two bags and 2 carry ons with no baggage fees. 

The question of how are you feeling about this move has come up numerous times over the past couple of days and each time it is presented I got a lump in my throat and my stomach felt like it had butterflies in it.  I have been praying for calmed emotions and a joyful, peacefilled spirit and as I stepped in to the airport I could just feel His presence.

As I was checking in for my flight, for whatever reason the kiosk wasn't working to check me in all the way to Entebbe and they were trying to charge me 60 $ for my 2nd bag so I used my platinum status and went to the counter where I not only got the bag fee waived but volunteered to take a later flight and received a 1000 $ flight voucher... meal voucher in Chicago... and priority seating in a seat with more room.  To top it off because I am detouring through Chicago my layover in London is now only 10 hours instead of 14.  So now I have the flight voucher to get me back to Hawaii in 9 months!  This is how my God provides!

So as we have started our descent in to OHare... I shall save this and postmore later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you Angela. I just know God will lead and guide you - surprising you with many wonderful adventures as your journey unfolds. I pray for lots of divine encounters, for more blessings of provision and refreshment only He can give. Enjoy the moments.

    ReplyDelete