Saturday, September 14, 2013

Oh what peace...

I think there is a reason that the morning is mentioned so many times in the Bible.  There is such a peace, calmness, and newness in the morning.  As I was sitting finishing my breakfast this morning... responding to messages... watching the chickens outside my apartment look for bugs... it hit me that this calmness is what God designed us to live in.  It is really difficult to get wrapped up in the rat race of life living in this village where people still drop by for tea.  All of my fears of being the only muzungu in the village have been put to rest as our Ugandan staff here have taken me under their wing.  There is still a language barrier but it is still fun trying to carry on a full conversation.

I am blessed by the prayers and thoughts from friends all over the world.  A beautiful representation of how we as the body of Christ are supposed to be.  You guys  are an encouragement to me and I feel loved by your endless support and generousity.

This  morning I was able to sleep til 6am so I dare to hope that my body is adjusting to Ugandan time.  I am feeling satisfied that I am learning to simply cook with the products from the local markets.  The big accomplishment of yesterday was learning to make biscuits on the stove top and they actually turned out well ... kind of like Red lobsters cheddar bay biscuits without of course the cheddar.  Went very well with the beefless stew.

For now... time to go clean up breakfast dishes and go plan a garden!  Will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment