Monday, September 30, 2013

Darling children

Children, no matter where you go, have some of the same habits.  I currently have a small child  on my front porch walking from window to window wailing.  She is not happy with me and is letting me know it. 

After church a couple of the children spent some time with me...  as we were playing I gave them each a stuffed animal to play with and keep that I had brought with me.  This one little girl did not like the one I gave to her... she wanted one that I had given to another child (I only had 3 stuffed animals left)... so she gave back her "baby" and said she didn't want it.  I asked several times if she was sure before I gave it to another child who had come up.  After all this I was going in to make lunch and told the children bye and that is when the tears started.  Not I am hurt tears but I want my way tears.  Unfortunately this little lady didn't know that those don't work with me... plus I had no more stuffed animals.  This lasted most of the afternoon when her older sister came looking for her only to find her pouting on the porch.  As soon as she saw her sister the tears started again and she told her sister that I had taken her baby.  Thankfully the older sister understood enough English to hear the story from me and scolded her sister.  All the while a big rain storm hit forcing me to bring the 4 kiddos with me into the apartment as the wind was blowing the rain on the porch.  We sat here reading books until it calmed enough for the children to walk home.

Looking at this entire situation, I realized that there are children who always think life is unfair to them and will use  whatever means necessary to get what they think they deserve.  There are children that are very grateful and choose to be the peacemakers in the bunch.  God has called each of us who have children in our lives to raise them up in the way they should go... meaning to love God and love people.  Selfish behaviors are not to be catered to but changed where they think of others first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment