Friday, September 20, 2013

Rainy season in Nabisooto

Every day since I have been in the village, there has been at least thunder and most days a rain shower.  Last night while sitting in my apartment reading the thunder was so loud you could barely hear another person within the room.  To the best of my knowledge there was no lightning but a bit later we had quite the downpour.

I love sleeping when there is rain beating down on the metal roof.  Very comforting!  Despite the mud and the rutted roads, the village is very green and I am not having to water my garden.  We also don't have to worry about water usage.  The rainy season has also brought with it cooler weather where I head out to school in the morning with a jacket or sweater on.

As the rain water pours out on the dry thirsty land so my soul thirsts for more of Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment