Saturday, April 12, 2014

Contentedness

Written on 2nd April 2014...
I love how when a Biblical topic is about to be taught, situations come up that show how much you...the teacher still need to learn this lesson.  Due to going to Kampala Thursday and Friday, I talked to my Bible study ladies to see if we could move our lesson up to today. 

Well it just so happens that we are covering verse 27 of Proverbs 31.  This verse says...

"She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self pity) she will not eat."

Lately it seems like I have been struggling with being content... with where God has me at this point...with the fact that I am single and it would be really nice to have a lifelong partner by my side...with the fact that no matter how much I try I can't change a culture... and with the fact that I know the next 10 weeks of my life and that is about it.

As I trek to become more like the Proverbs woman... God is directing my heart to be more content with what He is doing in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment