Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Thanks to the generous donation of recent books, I have been spending some of my time in the mornings labeling them for the children to checkout.  Basically I am putting a pocket in the back with a note card inside with the book title so that the students can sign them out and we can keep track of what books are out and who has them.  A simple library system ... to introduce books beyond the classrooms and into the community... thanks to my action research project.

The goal has been a pile of books per day... that sometimes I have time for an sometimes they carry me through for a few days.  Well today the book on the bottom the pile was entitled "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" by Judi Barrett.  I know they just came out with a movie based on this story but I had never read it. So today was the day that I read the book... and you know what it made me smile.

This is why I think I like books so much and desire to share my passion... they tell a story that evokes emotion.  Books can take you to far off lands like Chewandswallow... they can make you happy or sad... they can grow your knowledge in certain subjects... and they can build your imagination to wonder what would happen if it really rained food!

So at the moment my heart is light and there is a smile on my face!  I want to continue to share this passion with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment