Friday, January 24, 2014

My wilderness

Tonight I spent some serious time with my heavenly father having a heart to heart chat.  Ultimately it started with me asking for direction and then led to all the things that I am grateful for.  I was again reminded so very gently that if it was good for me to know at the moment then I would have the direction I desire. So I guess I am still in the holding pattern of my wilderness. 

Nabisooto has become my wilderness of sorts... you know in the biblical perspective of where God leads you to grow you closer to him...to prepare you for the promised land set before you.  It has been a place where God has stripped me of my pride and selfishness... it has brought out more  weaknesses than I can count... it has led me on a quest to have a quiet and gentle spirit especially when times are tough.  It has given me solitude but not loneliness.  He has been by my side every step of this journey.  It has confirmed the true desire of my heart. It has taught me to love the unlovely. To give until it hurts. To have my heart broken when there are situations that I can't fix.  It has given me greater hope in what He is doing. 

Every aspect of this has been about Him... I can't take any credit except that I listened and obeyed.

I am grateful for...
People that believed in me even when I didn't or don't....
Those friends that keep the notes, letters, and cards coming...
Time to write...
Moments that I can dance with my brown eyed cuties...
Endless amounts of time in the evening to study God's word and pray
Prayer warriors in my life that stand in the gap for me when I don't have  the strength to fight...
Not being able to thwart the plans of God even with my strong will and stubbornness...
Obedience  in others to listen when God speaks and come along side to assist...

No comments:

Post a Comment