Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's all my fault!

I am single.... and it is all my fault!

For many years, I have gone through times in my singleness and wondered what is wrong with me?  What am I doing wrong? I have since realized that it is not what is wrong with me or what I am doing wrong but what I am doing right!

Today I realized... it is ALL my fault that I am single.

It is my "fault" that I chose to follow God instead of man...
It is my "fault" that I am stubborn and won't settle for less than God's best...
It is my "fault" that I see many men as brothers in Christ and not necessarily as husband material...
It is my "fault" that when God says go... I listen and obey even if it means to the other side of the world...
It is my "fault" that I have guarded my heart and won't give it to just anybody...
It is my "fault" that I desire to love and be loved second only to God...
It is my "fault" that I won't allow a man to belittle or abuse me...

By this point you are probably curious what brought this tangent on today... After church today a friend and I were chatting in my parlor and I made the comment...Be on guard... he's looking for a wife... the friend responded... "I am not sure why that is a difficult thing.  When I made the decision that I didn't want to be alone any longer I have had no problem finding someone to be with."

It got me thinking... I have had some amazing guys in my life that have showed me glimpses of what I want in a husband but it is my "fault" that I have put God first.  When I made that decision to follow Christ wherever he called... that is exactly what I planned to do. 

I have recently joked that my future husband is going to need to be a fast runner to catch up with me and have very strong arms to hold on to me.  I am running this race set before me with all the strength and joy coming from Christ alone. 

So if you ask why I am still single... I will take all the blame...

It's all my "fault"... I am waiting on God's best... because He loves me more than I can imagine!

And just to clarify... this entire post was meant to be tongue in cheek.  I was laughing when I put it together at all the comments through the years that I have received from well meaning people desiring to see me get married.  After my friend left today, I was washing dishes at the sink and it hit me.... that my singleness has been my choice to follow where God leads over what people say I should/shouldn't do... so when I make that choice... I am the only one to "blame" or at "fault".  Love the feedback because it shows me that someone is at least reading my blog!!!  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was quite deep, actually. And beautiful. Just like you.
    OXOX,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete