Saturday, November 23, 2013

Wages

"FOR THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH"

This is a promise out of God's word but something that I got to witness last night.  With John and Kimberly leaving to go back stateside we spent the night at Sheron hotel in Kampala.  After a long taxing day, I went to bed  a little after 9 only to wake up an hour later to a blood curdling scream and lots of yelling.  From my 2nd story window, I watched a mob scene beat and stone a guy to death.

This morning we heard several stories from the workers at the hotel but the real story came from the security guards at the gate...  there has been a group of 6 guys in the area stealing phones, purses, laptops, etc.... the police basically said if they got caught  by the local people that they were to kill the one caught.  So a young lady had something taken from her... she screamed... then all the surrounding people chased the guy down. 

After watching all this go down I decided to go back to sleep only to have John text me from down the hall making sure I was ok and to see if Kimberly could come to my room to watch the action.  An hour later... almost midnight... the police finally showed up to take away the body and send everyone home.

Moral of the story... crime does not pay good wages!

No comments:

Post a Comment