Sunday, November 3, 2013

Arms filled... Heart blessed!


Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all- he is the greatest.” Luke 9:48

After being in the village for almost two months, I have realized that part of me being here is to assist the school but the majority is to be His hands and feet to the people here.

Children were precious to Jesus during His earthly ministry. Numerous times he referred to how children were to be treated.
 
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” - Matthew 19:14

Children in Uganda are born to work. The mindset in the village is the more children you have the more hands you have to dig dirt and work around the house. Very little time is given to spending time with the children. There are even parents that refuse to send their children to school because it takes away the work that is done around the house.

This is very different from my view of children and what God's word says about these precious little ones. In my mind, to be His hands and feet, is to hold, comfort, and love on these little ones. I can't seem to go any where in the village without having at least one little hand to hold. Church on Sunday, normally finds my lap and arms filled with little ones... and normally by the end of the three hour service, several of the little ones have had a good rest.

Jesus made time for the children... he wasn't afraid to touch them and bless them... he also offered pretty severe consequences for those that caused these little ones to stumble.

And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone tied around his neck.”- Mark 9:42






No comments:

Post a Comment